Italy Which Cities Are The Top 5
Thriving In Every Area
Italy has always been one of my top destination hot spots to travel too as it speaks to my taste buds please bring on the fine wine, great pastas, and romantic scenery. Have your bags packed, strap that travel fanny pack around your waist, and get ready to jet off to a land of revitalizing arts, top brand fashions such as Prada, Gucci, Versace, and Armani to name a few.
As well as dive into their history as old as time. The beauty of this country is seen in all it’s amazing foods, the gondola boats, the architectures, and the endless masterpieces of art. Every city just represents a piece of the Italian culture to the fullest that is why I have made a top cities list and what to explore.
Cities to Explore
Rome with its tremendous history and:
- Colosseum (The Largest Amphitheatre Built During The Roman Empire)
- Pantheon (A Roman Temple)
- Vatican Museum (A Collection of Arts By The Popes of Rome)
- Roman Forum (A Rectangle Ruins of Ancient Government Buildings)
- Trevi Fountain (A Famous Fountain)
- Piazza Navona (One of The Largest Squares-Public Space)
Venice with its beautiful canals and:
- Basilica di San Marco (Cathedral Church)
- Doge’s Palace (A Landmark of Gothic Architecture)
- Ponte di Rialto (A Bridge Spanning The Grand Canal)
Florence with its works of art to withstand the test of time and:
- The Beautiful Tuscany
- Florence’s Accademia Gallery (Art Museum)
- Duomo (A Cathedral)
- Palazzo Vecchio (Town Hall of Florence)
- Uffizi Palace and Gallery (Art Museum)
- Boboli Gardens (A Park That is Home to a Collection of Sculptures)
Milan the fashion capital and:
- Milan Cathedral
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Last Supper)
- Grand Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (Indoor Shopping Area)
- Castello Sforzesco (Several Ancient and Modern Art Museums)
- Pinacoteca di Brera (Art Gallery)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum
- La Scala Opera
Naples with its immense culture and:
- Pompeii (A City That Was Buried By A Volcano Eruption)
- Museo Di Capodimonte (Art Museum)
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale (Archaeological Museum)
- Cappella Sansevero (A Chapel)
- Neapolitan Street Life (The Locals of Naples)
- Subterranean Naples (A Labyrinth of Ancient Tunnels)
- Mt Vesuvius (An Active Volcano)
Gorgeous Iconic Landmarks
Seeing the sights is must in any travel plans, so checking out the leaning tower of Pisa in central Italy is a definite must stop on your tour of Italy to try and take a selfie with the whole tower in the background of course. Set your sights on Michelangelo’s “David” in Florence, take a gondola ride in the canals of Venice a romantic getaway you might just find your husband or wife there.
Even head on over to the Colosseum in Rome to imagine yourself as one of the gladiators in ancient times or enjoy the Blue Grotto in Capri an island resort. The Italian culture is most certainly rich in the arts, music, their architecture buildings, family, and foods. You will want to make time to experience a little bit of everything.
The people of Italy all do seem to value family and not just the immediate family. Even though, there is a difference between the people of northern and southern Italy that is still something that is cherished by all.
Depending on what part of Italy you might go to you can see the difference in wealth and the way of life for the people in those regions by the type of clothes they wear, the types of meat the eat, and their way of speaking the native language.
Italians I believe can be defined as no nonsense type of people, yet also very romantic type of people all at the same time. A quality I do admire bring on the straight-forwardness and romance I will take that approach any day.
Foods & Drinks
Everyone thinks of Italy as the pasta and pizza king of the world which they do have a variety of great tasting pastas and pizza. It all depends on which region of Italy you are in that will determine the type of foods you will be able to indulge in till your stomach is content. The same goes for the drinks and desserts as some are special to certain cities.
- Napoleon Pizza With Tomatoes and Mozzerella
- Italian Mushroom Risotto
- Italian Gelato
- Ribollita Stew
- Sweet Cannoli
- White Truffle of Alba
- Fiorentina Steak
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Gnocchi alla Romana
- Chianti Reserve Red Wine
- Martini Cocktail
- Aperitivo (Great to Have Before Dinner)
You Leave in Awe of it All
Italy has so much more to offer on your travels with even more amazing cities like Verona, the medieval old town, the setting for Romeo & Juliet. The beautiful Amalfi Coast with its wonderful view of the shoreline, and Genoa with its largest sea port in Italy.
I don’t believe you can go wrong in any of the cities you decided to visit to get a little taste of Italy. Spend time with the people, and if your like me and want to be able to communicate more effectively get yourself a translator device here.
Eat until your heart is content, partake in the fine wine, explore the sights, find love in these romantic places, or shop till you drop. No matter your choice of travel plans Italy can provide it all spread across a land of wonder and history.
That’s all for now on sights to be traveled🗺 let’s travel to our next destination soon. 😁🎫🛫
#doubleshotthat #whatnowmel #sightstobetraveled #culture #destinations #travel #new #blog #bloggers #italy #milan #rome #florence #venice #naples #foods #drinks #feature